These benefits include:
- Lower health care costs – Wellness programs yield an average return of 3 to 1.
- Reduced absenteeism – Wellness programs achieve 25% to 35% reduction in medical and absenteeism cost.
- Higher productivity – The average worker loses 115 productive hours per year due to poor health, costing their employers $2,000 per employee per year.
- Reduced workers compensation and disability costs
- Reduced employee injuries
- A healthy employee is a happy employee – A happy employee provides a higher level of customer service, higher quality work product, are more productive, are more flexible and tend to be able to adapt to business demands easier while maintaining healthy relationships with co-workers for a cohesive work environment.
- Increased morale – After a morale improving initiative, a company will see a 10% reduction in absenteeism and 28% increase in productivity.
- Employee retention – Wellness programs promote strong employee commitment to your company and customers, along with a heightened positive perception of your firm.
- Reduced turnover rates.